
WOW!! What a historic day!! I really can not believe that the first black president in the history of our Great nation, Barack Obama is being sworn into office today!! What a HUGE milestone for our country. Personally, I ALWAYS knew that someday I would see the first black president, but I always imagined our first black president being SO different from him!! I always imagined our first black president being more like Martin Luther King Jr. The president obviously faces HUGE challenges going on in our country right now and I pray that he will be able to be guided and pull our nation out of the terrible slump that we are in right now and get it back on track to become the BEST nation that we really are! I feel so honored and gracious to know that I will be witnessing this milestone during my lifetime. I definately DO NOT agree with a lot of his policies, but I do honor the fact that he is our president and there is absolutely nothing that I can do about it, so I might as well sustain the fact that he is in office to stay and see what happens. As much as I agree that our country does IN FACT need a change, I truly fear the future of our country! His speech today stating “choose HOPE Over FEAR” has a nice ring, but I can’t seem to get over how afraid I am. I will continue to pray that he will be able to unite our nation in this tough time.
On Sunday night, I was watching a show on the History Channel about Martin Luther King Jr. and all of the racial segregation. What a GREAT man he was and what GREAT things he and other influential black people did for our country. The thing that has always absolutely amazed me about Martin Luther King Jr. and the racial issues that surrounded him is how recent it all was, it was ONLY about 46 years ago that all of these issues were at the It made me SO sad and scared, but also at the same time very PROUD at the same time that we as a nation could grow so much. As proud I am of this major growth in this country, I am however, very afraid that this major milestone will cause some of those past issues of racial segregation and hatred to unveil their ugly faces in present times. As much as I don’t want to admit it, there are still issues in other areas of this nation that still suffer from these degrading issues! We are all God’s children and he loves EVERYONE no matter their skin color, height, weight, religion or beliefs. I wish for one day everyone could become more Christ-like and love EVERYONE!! I hope and pray with all of my heart that we can show how strong we are as a nation and come together to be united even in the mix of all of our differences in these ever growing times of uncertainty. Do we really need any extra separation and hostility between each other while we are at war right now with other countries?
On Sunday night, I was watching a show on the History Channel about Martin Luther King Jr. and all of the racial segregation. What a GREAT man he was and what GREAT things he and other influential black people did for our country. The thing that has always absolutely amazed me about Martin Luther King Jr. and the racial issues that surrounded him is how recent it all was, it was ONLY about 46 years ago that all of these issues were at the It made me SO sad and scared, but also at the same time very PROUD at the same time that we as a nation could grow so much. As proud I am of this major growth in this country, I am however, very afraid that this major milestone will cause some of those past issues of racial segregation and hatred to unveil their ugly faces in present times. As much as I don’t want to admit it, there are still issues in other areas of this nation that still suffer from these degrading issues! We are all God’s children and he loves EVERYONE no matter their skin color, height, weight, religion or beliefs. I wish for one day everyone could become more Christ-like and love EVERYONE!! I hope and pray with all of my heart that we can show how strong we are as a nation and come together to be united even in the mix of all of our differences in these ever growing times of uncertainty. Do we really need any extra separation and hostility between each other while we are at war right now with other countries?
No comments:
Post a Comment