Monday, January 19, 2009

Kicking Off 2009

I feel as though January has flown by even faster than last year (if that is even possible.) I don’t really do the whole New Year’s Resolutions I just set little mini goals all year round and that way it’s a lot easier for me to stick to them! My overall goal this year is to be “HEALTHIER” By no means am I unhealthy (other than the fact that I have Multiple Sclerosis :) ), but I just want to try and make a more conscious effort to cook more healthy meals at home, eat healthy snacks and as a result I think I will be more HEALTHY. I have been off soda pop and carbonation for about 6 months now so that won’t really be an issue (Hopefully Brian will follow in my footsteps) plus as many of you know, I have been practicing Yoga for the past 9 months and another mini goal to help me in my Healthy kick is to practice at home EVERY morning, not just when I practice at the “It’s Yoga” studio- (Dean is an AMAZING instructor and friend- Thanks again!!) I absolutely love YOGA and I can tell such a huge difference whenever I do my practice, even if it's just for 30 minutes it seriously makes my day SO much better!

To kick off 2009, Brian and I didn’t do anything too eventful. I had a killer migraine on New Year’s Eve, so we didn’t do much as far as ringing in the New Year. However, we did get a surprise phone call on New Year’s Eve day from one of my Best Friend’s Marchezt that they were on the road coming up from Las Vegas. I was really bummed that they could make it up here during Christmas so it was a WONDERFUL surprise! They didn’t get into town until really late New Year’s Eve, so we got together with them along with her brother and sis-in-law Nick & Chelsie over at our house on New Year’s Day! We watched TRAITOR which was Really good and had Brick Oven Pizza and Blackberry Smoothies (Thanks to my Blendtec blender J ) We also got some WONDERFUL news in the form of an text announcement from our great friends Erin & Clay that they are expecting their first baby in July and we are SO excited for them, Congratulations!! Another one of my friend’s Lisa had her adorable baby boy Tate David on January 17- Mom & baby are both healthy and happy!! We are so thankful that we have such Wonderful friends that are good influences for us!

I’m SO glad that 2009 is starting out with so much WONDERFUL news!- Hopefully more and more good news will follow throughout 2009.

No comments: